Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Saturday 9 March 2013

Seven on Saturday - Favourite Series

So I did my favourite books in my first post but I decided to do my favourite series this time. Not all series that will be on this list are completed.
So my seven favourite series are:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - These will always be my favourite series I think. I just love them so much and the still capture my imagination each time I read them.
Darkfall (Legendsong Trilogy #1)Darksong: Book Two Of The Lege
2. The Legendsond Series by Isobelle Carmody - This is such an original series. I loved the complexity of the world that Carmody created. I also love the characters. I can't wait for the final book to come out, whenever that will be.
Obernewtyn (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1)The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2)Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3)The Keeping Place: The Obernewtyn Chronicles 4The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #6)
3. The Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody - I read this in high school and was hooked within the first couple of chapters. I have loved the following books, and I am eagerly anticipating the last book of this series.
The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
4. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - This is another series that will always be one of my favourites. I love the world that Tolkien created and I still love escaping to it.
The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #3)Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #5)The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7) 
5. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - I was a little late coming into this series but I absolutely loved when I did. I loved the world and characters that Lewis created.
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1)The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)
6. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan - I have cheated here and put two series together. I did this because Heroes of Olympus is a follow on from the Percy Jackson series and I thought I could get away with it. I loved this new spin on Greek Mythology and I cannot wait until The House of Hades is released!
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
7. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - I read this last year just before the movie came out and I loved it. It was such a thought provoking story and really captured my imagination.

Some honourable mentions include The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan, The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini and Inkworld by Cornelia Funke, among others. Let me know what your favourite series are!

Mel.

Up next: Wrap-up/Preview

No comments:

Post a Comment