Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Thursday 13 December 2012

Throwback Thursday - Harry Potter

Harry Potter would have to be, possibly, my favourite series of all times. I have reread them so many times that I have lost count, I actually can't remember how old I was when I first read them either. I have also watched the movies more times than I can remember. Just a note for any who haven't read these books there will be spoilers in this post.

So how did I come across them? Which book is my favourite? Who are my favourite characters? What was my favourite scene? Which is my least favourite book? How did the books compare to the movies? Well these questions, and possibly more, will be answered in my 2nd ever Throwback Thursday.


Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

How did I com across the Harry Potter books?

  • Well I was given the first book as a Christmas present when I was younger (like back in primary school younger) from my brother. It then sat on my bookshelf for a good couple of years until I didn't have anything else to read that sounded interesting so I picked it up. I then kicked myself for not reading it earlier because, shock horror, I absolutely loved it. I then went to my library and read the others that were currently out. Once all seven where out, and I was doing some Christmas shopping, I saw all the books in Kmart and then I bought them all in one hit.

Which one is my favourite?
  • Prisoner of Azkaban would definitely be my favourite because you get introduced to two of my favourite characters in Remus and Sirius and you learn all about the Marauder's. I also thought it was a very interesting plot with the time travel.

Who are my favourite characters?
  • Well there are a few. The first one (not particularly in this order) would be Sirius Black. I love his loyalty, his fierceness and the fact that he has a sense of humor. I also loved that he tried his best to protect Harry but he didn't stifle Harry either, he let Harry be his own person and make is own choices.
  • I love Remus Lupin, as well. He is such a kind man and willing to help out anyone who needs it. He is caring and very protective of the ones he loves. He also has a sense of humor but he can be sensible too, which is also a plus.
  • Nymphadora Tonks is also another of my favourite characters. She doesn't care about what people think of her, in both her looks and her choice of a husband. She is kick-ass and a fiery character, and possibly the character that I would most like to be.
  • Hermione Granger is character I love. She is so strong and smart, and the boys wouldn't have survived first year without her, not to mention all the other years! 
  • My final favourite character, although I am sure I will think of more later, is Luna Lovegood. I love how unique she is and how serene. She is another character that is not afraid to be herself and she is incredibly smart. She believes in unseen things, and I also think that helps her to believe in the people around her. She is also such a brave character!
  • Oooh I knew I would think of some others. I forgot to add the Weasley twins, Dumbledore and Kingsley Shacklebolt. 
What was my favourite scene (major spoiler here)?
  • It would be where Harry goes through Snape's memories and finds out that Snape never went back to the Dark Lord. It is such a sad part, but it was Snape's redemption and I just love the story between him and Lily.
What is my least favourite book?
  • The Order of the Phoenix because Harry is really whinny and angry and gets on my nerves. Plus I can't stand Umbridge and a certain character's death.
What is my favourite movie?
  • Again it would be the Prisoner of Azkaban (for reasons, see above). They did a good job with the adaptation of this book to the movie as well. Not much was missed and I think the casting for the characters was spot on.
What is my least favourite movie?
  • Goblet of Fire because they cut so many scenes out and only really showed the scenes of the triwizard tournament. I felt that it missed important conversations, particularly meeting with Sirius in Hogsmeade.
Anyway, that is all I have to say on this issue for now. I really do love these books. Feel free to leave your answers to these questions in a comment below.

Mel.

Up next: Review of The Fault in our Stars by John Green.



No comments:

Post a Comment