Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Saturday 8 December 2012

Seven on Saturday - Favourite Book Couples

Seven on Saturday is where I will put up a list of seven bookish things and explain why each thing is put on the list.


The topic of this Seven on Saturday is my Favourite Book Couples.

1. Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta - Hunger Games

I love these two so much. Their love is so pure and strong. There is no judgement on either part and each seems to be the other's lifeline. Finnick grounds Annie and Annie brings out the best in Finnick. They are just so perfect for each other.

2. Elspeth Gordie and Rushton Seraphim - Obernewtyn Chronicles

I loved watching this relationship grow while reading the books. Rushton helped to ground Elspeth and to help her be less detached from the world. His love for her is so strong, and I loved how at first it scared Elspeth and then she grew to return it. I think the development of this relationship is why they are one of my favourite couples.

3. Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks - Harry Potter

Another couple that had quite a few ups and downs. I love Tonks' love for Remus because she loved him no matter what he was. She believed in him when he didn't even believe in herself. I also like that Remus was willing to sacrifice his heart for her safety (even if he was being a prat, the intentions where good enough). 

4. Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase - Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Again the reason that I love this couple is because of the development, and the fact that they are so cute together. They have had so many obstacles to overcome before they even became a couple and then they are faced with other obstacles when they become a couple. I find that their relationship is real and believable.

5. Frank Zhang and Hazel Levesque - Heroes of Olympus

What can I say? I love these guys together. Frank loves Hazel even with her background, which would cause other people to leave her alone, because he knows her and doesn't judge her. The are both so protective of each others life and despite their differences they love each other, and for that they are awesome.  

6. Gilan and Jenny - Ranger's Apprentice

I wasn't totally convinced that these two should be a couple until I read their short story in the Lost Stories. In that story they are just so cute together and I am glad that Gilan found someone brave and tenacious.

7. Faramir and Eowyn - Lord of the Rings

I love how Faramir grounds Eowyn. She was so focused on war and more in love with the idea of someone and then Faramir came along and showed her what real love feels like. I think that he is what she needs and vice versa.


Anyway they are my seven favourite book couples, it will probably change and I had trouble pinning it down to just seven. Some honorable mentions are Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, James Potter and Lily Evans from Harry Potter and Will and Alyss from Ranger's Apprentice.

Let me know who your favourite seven book couples are by commenting below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment